17 January, 2014

Bumpdate 38!

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 38 +1

Size of baby:  from the app, 6.8lbs and over 19 inches!  Based on the midwives palpitation, about 6lbs.

Weight change: up to 212 but still below the 215 threshold.  Phew!  Last week I had gained 4lbs (Christmas?! Swelling?) But lost 3 this week??

Movement: as she runs out of room, movement is supposed to slow down but I've experienced the opposite!  Now I can feel every kick & rub and man, is baby girl a mover!  I can feel her in all quadrants but her fave is to kick my liver & ribs.  Her back is to the outside right of my belly so it usz looks a little crooked, too.

Sleep:  aside from snoring, great!  I've resorted to breathing strips for poor J, but they seem to do the trick.  I've finally included a quick nap into my daily routine.  I'm so tired and it helps rest my aching back.

Symptoms:  my fingers & hands feel like arthritis they are so stiff.  My left hip/SI gets stiff & stuck.  My feet look more like flippers they are so fat and my toes get tingly from the swelling.  (Luckily my flip flops still -barely- fit!)  Most of all, my frkn back hurts so so SO much.  Its debilitating and draining to be hurting so much all the time.  Ice & heat help barely.  I broke down and tried Tylenol which unfortunately did not help.  This week my shoulder is so sore and tender it feels like a pulled muscle :(  I could hardly chop onions the other day! 

Cravings: strawberries & Reese's Trees ice cream bars! Not Klondike, noooo. Has to be the tree shape.

Aversions:  cleaning the bathroom.  Hahaha

Innie or outie: still an innie!  It is sooo sore though. 

Im still doing yoga twice a week and waddling up the stairs when I can, hooray!  Our 2 mile walks have become more like 30 minutes due to my poor back.  Some days I paddle around the pool which is very nice!

Favorite Moment This Week: washing all her clothes, getting car seat installed, and hearing from the midwife that she thinks we are very prepared!   I feel as prepared as we can be :)

Worst Moment This Week: hearing I cant be induced before 42 weeks (protocol) unless medically necessary.  Cue massive meltdown.  I'm not exactly looking forward to 4 more weeks of... everything. Especially the waiting and anticipation....

Looking Forward To: meeting our baby girl!   Laverne & Wayne get into town on Wednesday.... which means its go time!

Daddy update:  daddy is looking very forward to taking care of mommy & baby.  He drinks coffee every morning in the glider. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment